Re: WLAN Inprocomm ipn2220 - endless story

I don't know what else to suggest.
But try driverloader http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
instead of ndiswrapper. Who knows...

Max

Hans wrote:
Am Dienstag, 23. August 2005 11:28 schrieb Max:
Hans wrote:
Am Dienstag, 23. August 2005 11:11 schrieb Max:
Hans wrote:
This is the output, I get, when starting eth1 (same, when I change eth1
to wlan0)

/etc/init.d/networking restart
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Reconfiguring network interfaces...ifup: interface lo already
configured Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.
Do you have wireless-tools installed? What does iwconfig say?
Yes, I have. iwconfig says:

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

eth1      no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

Seems, the module is not properly loaded.
Any related messages in syslog/dmesg ?

Is ndiswrapper module loaded?
Yes, it is.
Was your kernel compiled with CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS=y ?
Yes, it is.
Max

Hans