Re: Building an useful list to keep an eye on when migrating from i386

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > $ apt-cache dumpavail | sed -e '/^Package:/!d ; s/^Package: \(.*\)/\1/' >
> > amd64_debian_avail_list.txt
>
> I find grep-dctrl is better suited for this:
>
> apt-cache dumpavail | grep-dctrl "" -n -s Package

You can save a small amount of typing by using grep-available.

  grep-available "" -n -s Package

       The programs grep-available and grep-status are aliases of
       (actually, symbolic links to) grep-dctrl.  In the shipped
       configuration, these aliases use as their default input file
       the dpkg(8) available and status files, respectively.

Bob