Re: Problems compiling wine

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:14:17PM +0200, Michelasso wrote:
> The problem is that at the moment I cannot get a i386 chroot; I have
> followed the guidelines here:
> https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
> (that I cannot read at the moment because of a server problem)
>
> But I failed:
>
> aquila:/opt/wine# cd /var/
> aquila:/var# mkdir chroot
> aquila:/var# mkdir sid-ia32
> aquila:/var# debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/
> I: Retrieving Release
> I: Retrieving Packages
> I: Validating Packages
> [...]
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
> I: Base system installed successfully.
> aquila:/var# chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32/
> aquila:/# aptitude
> aptitude: error while loading shared libraries: libsigc-1.2.so.5:

I was trying to help someone yesterday with deboostrap and it seemed
that debootstrap 0.2.x from amd64 sarge works perfectly (at least to
debootstrap i386 sarge), while 0.3.x from sid is rather broken.

So perhaps try debootstraping sarge i386, and then dist-upgrading if you
want sid, or try debootstrap package from stable, or try cdebootstrap.
With allt he transitions and package changes in sid, it's hard for
debootstrap to keep up at all times.