Re: Problems compiling wine

On 8/11/05, Jo Shields <jo.shields@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Once you've got yourself an i386 chroot, why not save yourself the
> bother of compiling it and just install the i386 debian packages?

The problem is that at the moment I cannot get a i386 chroot; I have
followed the guidelines here:
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
(that I cannot read at the moment because of a server problem)

But I failed:

aquila:/opt/wine# cd /var/
aquila:/var# mkdir chroot
aquila:/var# mkdir sid-ia32
aquila:/var# debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
[...]
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
I: Base system installed successfully.
aquila:/var# chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32/
aquila:/# aptitude
aptitude: error while loading shared libraries: libsigc-1.2.so.5:

Any suggestion?