Re: powernow-k8 woes -- need help diagnosing intermittent failure

Jacob Larsen wrote:
> How is the memory configured? Do you have more than one module? Some
> Socket 754 motherboards can not use the Cool & Quiet feature of the A64
> if there are more than one module, or it is placed in other dimm sockets
> than the first. If this is the case, it will probably cause data
> corruption, which is not entirely your symptom, but it may be worth
> checking.

Hi Jacob-- I've heard these reports also.  I have two PC3200 400MHz
modules, one 512MB and one 256MB.  They are budget memory, although
different brands.  I've tried each module alone, and each socket alone,
but get the same failure.

--Thanks, John