Re: sil3114 problem

Dear all,

thanks for your replies. I would like to use "real" raid. As I have to use
Windows and Linux, software raid will not be that good for me. Additionally,
it will not be that fast for cutting of films from my camcorder.

I checked the Promise SX4M (or so). On the manufacturer page, there is no
information, that this is also software raid. Additionally a guy said, that
it works fine in sarge. What I figured out is that this is the same sh...
but with hardware support. Of course, Linux still does not use the raid
functionality. So I guess, I will have to change this card to a 3ware, which
is a lot more expensive. But it should work. At least I hope so.

Do you know any other good hardware raid controllers, that are not that
expensive?

Best regards,
Matt