Re: Security Support AMD64 Sarge

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:30:02PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> as already written long ago it was always planned to get amd64 on
>> security.debian.org to have the easiest possible way of official support
>> From the Debian Security Team.
>>
>> This now finally happened, thanks to James Troup.

Tanks to the IPU (or your deity of choice) and everyone else involved.

>> Note: This does *NOT* change anything with regard to inclusion of amd64
>> into the official Debian archive. Not a single bit! It is *completly*
>> isolated from that. Any flames in that direction: Sent it to me, not to
>> any ftp-master! (Or better: Dont flame, be productive and fix RC Bugs!)
>
> BTW, what is exactly the status of the amd64 inclusion (no flame, just
> curious, also as what we are now supposed to tell others about this), and why
> do people write to the ppc64 mailing list on alioth about amd64 questions ? Is
> there not a more adapted amd64 mailing list for that ?
>
> Mmm, maybe you are not the best person to ask about this or something, but i
> guess the people in charge or knowledgeable will jump in and reply or
> something :)

The Alioth ppc64 project also hosts the Amd64 gcc-3.4/4.0 archive that
Andreas compiled. Questions related to archive problems or bugs only
present there were redirected to the ppc64 list by at least me and
probably more debian-amd64 people.

Maybe Andreas can give a little status update for the archive. With
sid having the new compiler the amd64 part of the archive becomes
quickly redundant. I guess after the C++ transition it can cease to
exist.

> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

MfG