Re: nvidia driver ( GeForce FX 5500 gives 10fps)

Hello :)

* Jo Shields (Jo.Shields@comlab.ox.ac.uk) [050803 21:34]:
> What does "glxinfo | grep vendor" give?

glxinfo | grep vendor
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

> There are also some known issues with the 5xx0 series behaving very
> slowly in some setups without side band addressing and fast writes
> enabled - try googling for how.

I will do that for sure. I have already been gogling for my problem, but
I did not get anything which would be somehow usefull (which could be a
more problem with my understanding of how graphics works).  However, I
have already seen 3D acceleration work very fast on my mashine
(thousands fps in glxgears!) But than I have tried to compile rivatv [1]
which does not work with nvidia drivers, so I had to switch to "nv"
driver in Xfree. Than in the meantime I installed gmsh which depends on
libmesa-gl, which I have installed as well and maybe I messed up
something alse. Anyway, finaly I ended up with a mashine where neither
rivatv neither 3d acceleration with nvidia driver works.  This is quite
annoying. Luckily enough, I can run other x aplications, which I need
for work :)

[1] http://rivatv.sourceforge.net/

Best regards
Michal