Re: RAID controllers

* Jerome Warnier (jwarnier@beeznest.net) wrote:
> Anybody here has an experience with Sil3114 or Areca RAID SATA
> controllers?
>
> I'm wondering which one is best on AMD64, or if I stick with a 3Ware
> Escalade 8600 instead.

We have the 3ware Escalade 8600 in our storage server and their Linux
support is really good. The 3ware disk monitor system they have is also
supports amd64, it has nice web interface from which you can do all
needed maintenance on the RAID. If you have the extra money I would buy
the 3ware 9500 series controller instead. They have a some extra
features like support multiple cards.

Bharath

---
Bharath Ramesh       <bramesh@vt.edu>       http://csgrad.cs.vt.edu/~bramesh