Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 03:05:19PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> So, no kernel hangs or lockups with dual-core processors, then?

Except if you go into more than 8 dualcore cpus, that's not going to
happen. dual core processor are exactly like a dual cpus machines.

So if the kernel works for dual cpu amd64 then it's working for dual
core amd64.

> My vendor informed me that they has problems with Fedora Core (all
> versions) so couldn't ship with Fedora preinstalled on the dual-core
> opteron machine we ordered. So we had to go with SuSE instead. Any idea
> what kind of problems they might have had?

The machine was shipped with fedora core 2 pre-installed on it, and it's
running debian unstable now.

I suggest you ask your vendor what problems exactly they have, because I
can't think of any software dual core problem which are not in a SMP machine.

--
Vincent Hanquez