Re: amd64 sarge installation cds with 2.6.12

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 01:50:18PM -0400, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> Great! It would be super nice, as I said earlier, if you could ship the
> sources for the CD so I could make tweaks. If that is impracticable,
> please don't worry about it.

I am trying to script the steps, but I am still trying to figure out
debian-cd to see if that really makes it simpler.

> Thanks for your efforts. We've ordered two machines, one with dual
> Opterons, the other with dual dual-core Operons (over objections on my
> part). Your CD will be one of the first things I'll try with the dual-core
> machine, and I'll report back to these lists, since info about dual-cores
> on Debian seems a bit scarce.

Would be fun to know the result.

Apparently the testing install cd images have newer kernels, but having
not looked at them in a few months I don't know if they allow installing
stable amd64 or only testing/unstable.