locale-related problems running 32-bit application directly

Hello!

I have a number of i32 lib directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf that allows to run 32bit application directly.
But when I do so, some locale-sensitive application report errors like

I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "C"

GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'KOI8-R' is not supported

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib
Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers
Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

These errors prevent the application from performing locale-related conversions etc.

In opposite, if I run 32-bit application via dchroot like

dchroot -d -c ia32 /usr/local/seamonkey/seamonkey

no any errors appear and all locale-related functions work great.

What's wrong with running 32-bit application directly and how can I fix the described problem?

Thanks,
Max