Re: Downloading DVD .ISO's

Justin Grindal wrote:

Quick question - I've been trying to download the DVD .ISO's from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-dvd/

and, instead of getting the 4.0 and 3.4 GB ISO's, mine only wind up
being an even 2GB.  Obviously, when they're done, the md5sum's don't
line up, and the images don't work.  I tried downloading them using my
WinXP box (first try was on FC3 box) and I only read them as 387 meg
downloads.  Any advice on how I can get the whole ISO?

This is a limitation of 32bit download apps.

Use a 64-bit downloader (e.g. wget on amd64, Firefox on amd64, even MSIE on XP 64bit), or use the .torrent file. Or you may have some luck with an ftp client. And I think curl can handle it, if you can get it to behave.

--Jo Shields