Re: X.org and NVidia

On 7/20/05, Alexander Jede <alexjede@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi,
i have installed x.org and would like to use the nvidia-driver for my
nvidia GPU.
Trying to install nvidia-glx, I get a dependence problem. nvidia-glx
needs : nvidia-glx: Depends: xlibmesa-glu but it is not installed or
                       libglu but it is not installable or
                       libglu1
But xlibmesa-glu is in conflict with libglu1-xorg.
Trying to force the installation of nvidia-glx it works fine. Only
apt-get shows me the dependencies problems.
Is it a problem of the liblu1, that it does not contain the
libglu1-xorg?

I found recently that glx is not yet included in Debian Sid's X.org, there is a bug report somewhere in the Debian X.org transition team area (sorry, I don't remember the exact location). For me it looks like that for now you can't use glx with the current x.org release in sid.

--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen
Sven Krahn