Re: Upgrading to current udev is disastrous if not on kernel 2.6.12

Hi,

Am Montag, den 18.07.2005, 14:19 +0200 schrieb GOMBAS Gabor:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:33:12PM +0200, Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
>
> > Packages should not depend on any kernel, since many people run their
> > own. However, I just don't understand why the package has been published
> > at all, since even in experimental there is no 2.6.12.
>
> Because people already using 2.6.12 need it, since the previous udev
> (more precisely, libsysfs that udev uses) had a bug which was exposed by
> the 2.6.12 kernel.

If they use a non-distribution-kernel, then they can also build a
non-distribution-udev. It's not useful to break the distribution for
that reason.

Bye,
ratti

--
 -o) fontlinge | Fontmanagement for Linux | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\ http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/