Re: Upgrading to current udev is disastrous if not on kernel 2.6.12

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 05:22:34PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I can't imagine how it's a good idea to upload a package which depends
> on a kernel not available for Debian yet.

It was a _very_ good idea since my custom udev rules did not work with
kernel 2.6.12 and udev 56, and my pendrive got mounted at the wrong
place and with the wrong mount options.

It can be argued whether udev 60 should have been uploaded to
experimental instead of unstable, but that's the maintainer's choice.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences