Re: [update] More 32bit packages for amd64

Kirill Belokurov <kir@te.net.ua> writes:

> Hi!
>
>> As always, report success or failure please.
> Everything passed well - many thanks! I used sarge repository, because there

Good, thx.

> are some problems with libraries in etch/sid - they seem to be doing
> transition to the new version of Word Perfect support library, named
> libwpd8c2 instead of libwpd8 -- the OO package deps are not updated so the
> etch/sid installation  didn't work for me.

That will probably continue for quite a while till the c++ wave hits
OOo. Too many dependencies. But etch should (theoreticaly) be free
from those.

> It would be nice to have some more messages during lists update/packages
> fetching -- on slow connections it is difficult to understand is it stuck or
> still doing something. (I used 'du /var/lib/amd64-archive/lists' and
> 'du /var/lib/amd64-archive/pool' to check if the script still working).

Package fetching is done by reprepro and turning it more verbose gives
some more messages but not a download progress for files.

The package fetching is also going to be done by a cron job normaly.
Unless it gets an error it should not say anything (in the finished
package).  I will think about something for the initial install but my
current plan is to have it create an empty archive and start the cron
job once manualy in the background.

So, having an interactive (i.e. with download progress) update script
is not a high priority just now. Later, for people that don't want the
cron job, maybe. But the reprepro maintainer has to provide support
for that.

> wbr, Kirill.

MfG
        Goswin