Re: Microsoft or MacOs executables

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:12:21PM +0530, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Erik Mouw said on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:44:24AM +0200,:
>
>  > Heh, I got quite  some Nikon gear, so if I ever  buy a digital body
>  > (slide film still can do so  much better IMHO), it will be a Nikon.
>  > Luckily(?)  my laptop  comes with  Windows,  which I  only need  to
>  > upgrade the BIOS...
>
> Hmm.
>
> Search the word `Nikon' on
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/raw-flaw.shtml

Yeah, proprietary RAW files are a common problem, not only a Nikon
problem.

That's one thing I like about slides (and negatives): they *are* the
raw file. You can scan them any time with whatever technology and file
format is available. When archived in a controlled way, slides can be
stored without considerable aging (over 50 years for Kodachrome 64 and
Fuji Velvia 50). See http://www.wilhelm-research.com/book.html for
details.

Anyway, I guess we're getting off topic... :)

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --