Re: Microsoft or MacOs executables

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:26:44PM +0200, jmt wrote:
> My digital camera manufacturer has just published a firmware upgrade ; two
> versions exist : one form Microsoft, the other for MacOs, both packed as
> executables.
>
> In both cases, these executables just deflate to a pair of files to be copied
> successively on the camera memory card.
>
> How should I deflate, either one or the other, on my amd64 machine ?

It's usually a self extracting zip image, unzip handles this just fine.
If that fails, run FreeDOS within Dosemu (might need to run this in a
32 bit chroot) or Bochs and run the executable there. If that fails,
ask a friend with a Mac or Windows box.

BTW, this is not in any way amd64 specific...

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --