Re: Filesystem stability?

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2005 11:57 schrieb Alexander Voss:
> I'm using ext3 with no problems and ext2 with error messages about "not
> cleanly unmounted partitions" at boot - but without further problems, too.

I have a mail server running for six months now using ext3 for all partitions
including /var/spool, very heavy load included over longer times (incl. virus
and spam scanner, peak load everage sometimes > 30 because of heavy disc
usage, 2nd proc mostly being idle. Sadly 3ware RAID5 adapter doesn't fit into
the case [Tyan GX28 S2881]). Ext3 might not be optimal for mail servers but
as I'm a bit conservative here I was confident this journalling fs based on
'ye ole linux fs' would be stable. And indeed it is perfectly stable, no
issues by now. It runs on RAID1 md devices (being SATA drives physically).

Also no issues on any other machines (servers & desktops) which are all i386
by now.

       Sönke