Re: GPG burns my notebook!

> You should also try burnK7 of the cpuburn package. Unfortunately there
> isn't an amd64 deb of cpuburn, but it works fine in my i386 chroot.
>
> This thread inspired me to run a few tests to see what program makes my
> CPU run the hottest. My somewhat overclocked machine had been running
> for over a month, even with me playing games in hotter weather than it
> is now -- and burnK7 crashed my computer.
>
> I wrote a script to test several programs and graph the temperatures
> reached. I thought it might be of general interest so I attached it and
> the output on my machine.
>
> Run the script with no arguments for a usage explanation. It's meant to
> be tweaked and I wrote it in such a way that it should be easy to do so.
> Just put the script in an empty directory somewhere first; it makes a
> lot of intermediate data files when it runs the tests.
>
> I won't be around for the next week but I wanted to get that out before
> this thread sinks into oblivion.

Hi Corey,

I have launched your script in my chroot (after installed 'hwtools'), but I got these errors:

$ sh temptests.sh all
Running test: test_idle
cat: /sys/bus/i2c/devices/0-0290/temp1_input: No such file or directory
temptests.sh: line 85: / 1000: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "/ 1000")

Giulio