Re: SCSI I2O Driver on ISO's?

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 04:10:57PM +0200, Eduardo wrote:
> adaptec 2010S raid card
> RAID SCSI cards from Adaptec use this driver.

Well if the drivers are the ones in drivers/message/i2o/ then yes the
installer does in fact leave all of them out.

I recently built a netinst for sarge amd64 that uses 2.6.11-9-amd64
instead of the 2.6.8-11 used currently on the "official" cd, which a few
people have used successfully to install on machines that didn't work
with 2.6.8.  I could try and add the i2o drivers to it as well and
rebuild it with that setup if you would like to try that.  As long as
the i2o uses the standard /dev/sd* scsi driver devices, I imagine it
would actually work.  Of course I have no hardware to test that on, but
I am willing to spend an hour or so updating my netinst image.

The other option is to use another drive/controller while installing,
then use the i2o in the full kernel installed to transfer to i2o and
switch to booting from that.