Re: GPG burns my notebook!

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juli 2005 21:03 schrieb antongiulio05:
> Hi Hans,
Hi Gulio,
> > sam to me. I also have an Acer1524WLMI, but everytime I use apt the
> > cooler begins to run. Don worry, this seems to be o.k. I suppose, apt is
> > using all the processing time, and so the AMD64-processor is getting hot.
> > Remember, it so not a mobile-processor.
>
> CPU on my nb runs with 800MHZ (governor: userspace - minimal frequency
> reachable) and I have an external cooler too. Does your system become
> unstable when you use apt all the processing time?
No, it does not really. Things become slow, while apt is readibg the database
from harddrive, so, some other things become slow, when they want to write or
read on the harddrive, too. But it is not getting unstable.

What do you have for a performance with youre XF86Config-Settings ? I have
about 3220 FPS with glxgears ( in KDE, fvwm is a little bit faster).

> > Othe thing by the way: I use Nvidia-acceleration, the glx module. When I
> > use this, I cannot switsch to console. The screen is getting bright.
> > Switching back to window-manager is o.k. This happens only with glx
> > module. The nv module works fine.
>
> I have nvidia module installed too. In XF86Config-4 I have:
>
> load "glx"
>
> and this settings for monitor:
>
> Section "Modes"
> Identifier "16:10"
> # 1280x800 @ 50.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 41.20 kHz; pclk: 68.56 MHz
> #Modeline "1280x800" 68.56 1280 1336 1472 1664 800 801 804 824 -HSync
> +Vsync ModeLine "1280x800"   68.9   1280 1304 1336 1408   800 804 808 816
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "Monitor Generico"
>         UseModes        "16:10"
>         #HorizSync      28-50
>         #VertRefresh    43-75
>         Option          "DPMS"
> EndSection
>
> However I can switch to console without problems and I have not bright
> problems.
>
> Can you use IPNCOMM 2220 wireless internal card and winmodem on debian?

No, sadly I still can not. You must use ndiswrapper, but I could not find the
64-Bit-driver, only 32-Bit. So, this will not work, yet.

> Giulio
Best regards

Hans