Re: initng

Goswin von Brederlow kiedys napisal:

> Marcin D?bicki <neo777n@poczta.onet.pl> writes:
>> I've just installed initng and I have reported something I think strange.
>> I can chroot (as usual using dchroot) but after:
>> xhost +localhost
>> and dchroot -d "firefox" I can see:
>> (firefox-bin:6923): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
>> dchroot: Child exited non-zero.
>> dchroot: Operation failed.
>> with /sbin/init there is no such problem. Had anyone issued it with
>> initng? --
>> Registered Linux User 369908
>> alterfenix@jabberpl.org
> You don't have DISPLAY set in your chroot. You should also better bind
> mount your home or copy the .Xauthority file instead of using
> xhost. xhost +localhost gives every user and program on your system
> full access to your X display including any passwords you type in.
> MfG
>         Goswin
As i told I have it all done. While /home is binded. For me there is no
difference between using xauthority and xhost. There are three persons with
acces to this computer and I really can't see the reason why forbidding
them to run x applications including while I am logged.

I am doing the same things while using ordinary init and init-ng. While
using init everything works. While using init-ng this thing doesn't work
Registered Linux User 369908