[BETTER SOLUTION] Re: [SOLVED] Re: synaptics Touchpad and x.org
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [BETTER SOLUTION] Re: [SOLVED] Re: synaptics Touchpad and x.org
- From: Tobias Krais <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 11:48:26 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> > Erm.. when I upgraded to X.org with the packages posted to this list (Michael
> > Marchand's ones) i already had xfree86-driver-synaptics installed. With the
> > upgrade, xserver-xfree86 wasn't removed (in fact, i think it's the only thing
> > that remains from xfree86 in my pc). The fact is that X.org works, synaptics
> > works... everyone happy! :P
> > I dunno why can't you simply install it... What's the output for apt-get
> > install xserver-xfree86??
> I did as suggested. I downloaded the package and installed it with
> dpkg -i --force-all xfree86-driver-synaptics
> and it works fine. Thanks a lot for all your help!
a btter solution for me is to install the synaptics xorg diver from
ubuntu. It works great here and does not cause problems.