Re: Debian/Ubuntu/Redhat which is better for heavy duty computations?

I think the distros that support amd64 will tend to be roughly the same in terms of FP performance. On x32, the only people I could see making a plausible argument to superiority would be the Gentoo guys, and even that, I'm sure people will argue. On amd64 I think there may be less of a distinction, since there is no issue of packagers building for 386 to be compatible with the last 5%. There's only one amd64 generation so far.

I do get a vague sense sometimes that the approach to compiler flags is different between distros that are concerned with servers vs. clients... probably nothing worth acting on, though.