amd64 aalib debs in repository aren't built with X11

Hello,

I sent a message to this list on 2005-04-12:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/04/msg00370.html

But didn't receive any response. I guess it just got lost in the pile.
For reference, I quote the body:

Aalib includes an X11 driver for its text rendering that is much faster
than the console drivers. For some reason the aalib debs on alioth
aren't built with X11 support. I can build the debs on my own machine
and they have X11 automatically, so I don't know what's wrong.

The situation is still the same (although of course the debs are on
amd64.debian.net now instead of alioth). The amd64 aalib1 package
doesn't have X11 support, while the i386 deb does. By way of demonstration:

bugfood@bugfood:~$ uname -a
Linux bugfood 2.6.11.11 #1 Sun Jun 5 14:23:19 PDT 2005 x86_64 GNU/Linux
bugfood@bugfood:~$ apt-cache depends aalib1
aalib1
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libgpmg1
  Depends: libncurses5
  Depends: libslang2
bugfood@bugfood:~$ dchroot
Executing shell in '32' chroot.
bugfood@bugfood:~$ apt-cache depends aalib1
aalib1
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libgpmg1
  Depends: libncurses5
 |Depends: libx11-6
  Depends: xlibs
  Depends: slang1

I can't really give any more details; when I build the aalib debs from
source they have X11 support and it works fine. I know this is a
relatively small issue, but if you've never watched bb at high
resolution with the X11 driver than you're missing out. :)

-Corey