Re: ldap problem

I'm a bit stumped on this, but a few things you could do to humor me/double check.

check for duplicate username/group names. both in the system files and in ldap.

i've run into some dumbness with nscd recently (duplicate group names) which caused all sorts of badness preventing logins. try stopping the nscd daemon and trying to log in again

also make sure that nscd dosn't start before your ldap daemon

my pam ssh file looks more like
auth        required      pam_nologin.so
auth        sufficient    pam_ldap.so
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so shadow use_first_pass
auth        required      pam_deny.so

my nsswitch file gives precidence to  files over ldap.

the users you are trying to log in as have good ldap info i hope? home directory, shell, uid, gid, all that good stuff? that maybe confusing login to.

other than that i may have to throw in the towel (and i don't know if there's an easy way to test pam modules)

g'luck
patrick