anyone running Asterisk w/Zaptel cards?

As a sanity check, is anyone out there successfully running Asterisk with
Zaptel cards under Debian amd64?  I'm running sid pure64 with the stock
2.6.12 kernel.  I was able to load the wcfxs and wcfxo modules, but as soon
as I started asterisk the system locked up (no response to any keyboard
input or pings from another system) and had to be power-cycled.  I check the
asterisk logs and kern.log, but no hints.  The system has been stable for
months, and no changes were made (other than adding the FXS and FXO cards,
which work fine in an i386 system).  I double-checked and the PCI bus in the
x86-64 system isn't overclocked.

If anyone on the list is able to run this configuration successfully, please
drop me a note.

Thanks,
tony