From: Sven Krahn [mailto:sven.krahn@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 June 2005 4:51 PM
To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: smb mounted shares under chroot

On 6/15/05, Takis Diakoumis <takisd@parklane.com.au> wrote:

> /home    /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/home    none    bind        0   0

Just a stupid thing to check (which I was stumbling over some time
ago): if your user's home directory is on a different partition which
is mounted below the home directory (in this case you probably do not
see your user's home dir at all in the chroot), then this must be
specified additionally for the chroot fstab entries as well:

/home/username        /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/home/username    none
bind        0   0

Possibly this is similar for samba shares, and you have to bind-mount
the smb shares explicitely in your fstab as well, something like

/home/username/smb-share
/var/chroot/sarge-ia32/home/username/smb-share    none    bind
0   0

(in addition to your already exisiting entry). I did not check this as
I currently don't use samba shares on my amd64, but maybe you could
give it a try.

--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen
Sven Krahn