Re: kernel 2.4 for opteron?

On 6/11/05, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> we just recently had kernel panic with 2.6.8. we had similiar things
> earlier with our xeon boxes, and then - downgrading to 2.4.27 helped.
> is there anywhere apt repository with 2.4 kernel-images built for opteron smp?
> i can build it myself, but i'd prefer using ready made kernels.

You can run your Opteron in 32-bit mode, but that would've made your
smoking Opteron setup into an expensive 32-bit machine :)

As for 64-bit Linux 2.4 kernels on Opteron - forget it. You're
encounter more problems than you'd want to wish for given that setup.

--
Paolo Alexis Falcone
pfalcone@gmail.com