amd64 status

Hello:

Maybe this is old, but i am interested in knowing th port status related to sarge. I am avaliating the use of amd 64 machines in production servers, using debian, offcourse.
For that i am interesting to know:
- if there will be security support for the sources changed by the security team that already compile under amd64 - if manteiners are not receptive to patch their sources to compile under amd64 - witch packages compile under amd64 and what is the percentage of them comparing with debian offical (sarge)

For now, what i have seen, all the stuff that matters to me compiles in amd64, seeing from packages.debian.org , but are they stable?

thanks in advance.

regards,

Luis Matos