Re: Packages for amd64 that are missing.

Hello Per,

El jue, 26-05-2005 a las 10:20 +0200, Per Lundberg escribió:

>     >> vncserver should either be removed or fixed because the current
>     >> version is in effect unusable.
>     JK> Note that for this same reason the maintainer refuses to take
>     JK> a patch by Andreas J. that allows vnc4 to be compiled on
>     JK> AMD64.
>
> Hmm, I don't even find a vnc4 package in Debian.

Take a look at http://packages.debian.org/vnc4-common . Vnc4 is the
source package.

>     JK> Even though the generated vnc4server doesn't work, the client
>     JK> does (I use it frequently) and I think it would be nice to
>     JK> have in Sarge (and in Sid too).
>
> For me personally, the viewer is irreleveant but the vnc4server would
> be very nice to have. :-)
>
> I have tried compiling it but I don't remember exactly why it failed
> (it requires X server sources). Might give it a try again.

It does compile, but it segfaults. If it was indeed fixed in more recent
versions, as you pointed out, you can try it and then post a bug report
to let the Debian maintainer know.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>