Re: distributed-net on amd64?

> > You should always run the clients from http://distributed.net .. their
> > X86_64 client works with debian ..
>
> I setup that version, Ok, i got it and run it in a screen. Official package
> has
> the advantage of running as service in the background and so on.

Simple.. you can run this one as a service as well.. just another argument to
the binary.

> But, the official "pre"release ersion got me only 6.4 Megakey/sec, while the
> windows client got me 8 MK/sec. What a diff for the same PC.
> Something is strange there...

They should use the same core, so that should be no difference.. Have a look on
the output when starting, which core they are choosing ..

There is a history of trojan horses in clients like this .. that's why you
should use the one from http://distributed.net ..

/n