Re: Abit AX8 / IC Plus 1000 series Ethernet

The differences between IP1000A linux drivers v2.06, v2.07 and v2.08
are extremely small and minor, less than 20 lines in the ipg_main.c
file, mostly related to kernel version numbers. This should be so
because they claims that v2.06 already works with kernel 2.6.x.

I don't have the knowledge of linux device driver develpment, so I
don't know how much work is necessary to make virtual interface work.
But in my feeling this could be fixed relatively easily. (Of course I
may be wrong.)

Perhaps you have already contacted IC Plus Corp for tech support. If
not yet, you should contact them. They may or may not reply to you. But
there is still some chance of improvement if they know that users
complain of their drivers.