Re: Problem with packages

Read the logs, the archive has moved:

http://amd64.debian.net/README.mirrors.html

deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib

-Peter

Ronny Wikh wrote:

Hi!

After a period of inactivity I needed to update my pure64 installation.
Looking through the (massive) backlog of messages it turns out that
the organisation had changed, so I modified my apt sources.list to
point to

deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/debian-pure64 sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/debian-pure64 sid main contrib non-free

as per instructions. Now for the upgrade:

---------

apt-get -fu dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 apache2 apache2-common apache2-mpm-prefork cpp cpp-3.3 g++ g++-3.3 gcc
 gcc-3.3 kernel-image-2.6-amd64-k8 kernel-image-2.6.8-10-amd64-k8
 libapache2-mod-auth-pam libapache2-mod-php4 libapache2-svn
 libstdc++5-3.3-dev resolvconf x-window-system-core xbase-clients xdm
 xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base xfonts-scalable xutils
 lsb-release
 apache2-utils bind9-host bzip2 chkrootkit cpp-3.4 dash devfsd dmsetup
 dnsutils e2fslibs e2fsprogs fontconfig gcc-3.4 gettext gettext-base hdparm
 ifupdown imagemagick lbxproxy lesstif2 libapr0 libbind9-0 libblkid1
 libbz2-1.0 libc-client2002edebian libc6 libc6-dev libcomerr2
 libdevmapper1.01 libdm0 libdns20 libdps1 libexpat1 libfontconfig1
 libfreetype6 libgcc1 libgd2-noxpm libgimpprint1 libgpmg1 libice6 libisc9
 libisccc0 libisccfg1 libkpathsea3 libkrb53 libldap2 liblwres1 libmagick6
 libneon24 libnewt0.51 libsm6 libssl-dev libssl0.9.7 libstdc++5 libsvn0
 libtasn1-2 libtext-charwidth-perl libusb-0.1-4 libuuid1 libx11-6 libxaw7
 libxext6 libxft1 libxi6 libxmu6 libxmuu1 libxp6 libxpm4 libxrandr2
 libxrender1 libxt6 libxtrap6 libxtst6 libxv1 locales login logrotate
lvm2 mc
 mlock modutils net-tools nis nmap openssl passwd portmap postfix ppp
 proxymngr python2.3 python2.3-dev python2.3-subversion python2.4 rcs rsync
 sensible-mda strace subversion subversion-tools sudo tar tcpdump tetex-bin
 twm unzip usbutils uw-imapd wget whiptail xdu xfs xfwp xlibmesa-gl
 xlibmesa-glu xnest xserver-common xserver-xfree86 xterm xvfb
 apache2-doc ca-certificates gcc-3.3-base ia32-libs initrd-tools
 libtext-wrapi18n-perl mime-support php4-common python-pyopenssl
 python-twisted tetex-base tetex-doc xfree86-common xlibmesa-dri xlibs
 xlibs-data
16 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 24 to remove and 120 not upgraded.
Need to get 62.2MB/62.2MB of archives.
After unpacking 116MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

---------

Now, this is all rather unwelcome news to me as I'm dependant on
having apache2 running.

In the listing above it seems that libc6 is part of the upgrade,
so I figured that perhaps I'd better go for that and apache2 to
see what happens. This is what I get:

-----------

apt-get install apache2 libc6

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
 apache2-common apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils libapache2-mod-php4
libapr0
 libc6-dev locales php4-common
Suggested packages:
 php4-pear
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 aide base-files bash deborphan hotplug mailx
 apache2 apache2-common apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils
libapache2-mod-php4
 libapr0 libc6 libc6-dev locales php4-common
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
 base-files bash
10 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 144 not upgraded.
Need to get 15.9MB of archives.
After unpacking 4461kB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
NO!

The question is, what's causing this and how do I fix it? Will I
need to install everything from scratch again, or what's going on?

I'd very much appreciate any kind of advice.

Regards,

Ronny Wikh