Re: Asus A8V Deluxe, Xfree display problems with BIOS 1011

Le 10.05.2005 11:44:28, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) a écrit :
Le 10.05.2005 11:25:59, Jannick Ingo a écrit :
Hiho..

So whats the point about your actual problem:

Did you updated your BIOS or so ?

I recently switched to debian back again. Because these same strange
things used to happen under gentoo too. Thought it had something to do
with the patchtree they are aplyiing to their sources.
You might want to take a look at the corresponding gentoo-forum thread
(more than 28 pages):
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-198023-highlight-lockups.html

But that puts the whole case under another light.

In *my* case (Asus A8V Deluxe + Radeon 9250 and free drivers), I've reverted to BIOS 1009 and this fixed the problem.

By the way, I've seent here is a 1012.002 Beta version of this BIOS (only downloadable from China, others links / repository are dead ;-) )

Any candidate to test it ?

Jean-Luc