Re: gcc4, thunderbird: emacs key bindings lost?

Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Since the migration to gcc4 the Emacs key bindings in
> Thunderbird's compose window seem to be gone. Is this
> just me?

I ran into that some months ago too.  But it has nothing to do with
gcc4.  This is true on all architectures.  I found this solution on
the firefox site.  I have the following in my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

# /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
# Restore the previous GTK behavior and allow emacs keys to be active.
# To use the GTK 2.0 default MS-like behavior set "Default" either here
# or in your $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 file.
#
# gtk-key-theme-name = "Default"
gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"