Re: libglade 2.5

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 23:08 -0400, Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where would I find source for the experimental glade 2.5 stuff that I can built for amd64?
>
> Second whats the process to build the binary package (or point me to an faq).
>
> TIA
> Ed Tomlinson

Add the experimental source lines to your sources.list:

deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main
contrib non-free

Then do an apt-get update, then do

apt-get -t experimental source libglade2

and it should download the source for libglade.  Then change into the
directory that was created (should be libglade2-2.5.1) and issue

fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc

This builds only the binaries and does not sign the packages (you don't
have the right key anyway).

In this manner I have built all of GNOME 2.10 from experimental for my
system.. it was quite hairy especially working out build-deps but I got
it all done.  I can post more explicit instructions on THAT if anyone
wishes...

- James