Re: Release critical bugs for amd64/sarge

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:58:27AM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> On 05-May-05 13:35, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 03:05:49PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > > However, even with the patch from #305122, 'ia32-libs' cannot be built
> > > and installed in sarge. This is the case because the patch does not
> > > remove the 'Depends' and 'Build-Depends' on 'lsb-release' which FTBFS
> > > in sarge for amd64. The working ia32-libs version 0.7 did not
> > > (Build-)Depend on 'lsb-release'.

> > However, lsb-release has been fixed in unstable, and this fixed version has
> > been marked for approval into sarge.

> My personal list of release critical bugs for amd64/sarge has now only
> three bugs left (not counting lsb-release and libmysqlclient-lgpl which
> will hopefully enter sarge soon):

lsb-release will go in in three days; libmysqlclient-lgpl goes in tomorrow.
(all information available via grep-excuses)

> sarge/main/amd64 BTS Bug   Problem description
> ---------------- -------   ---------------------------------------------------
> debian-installer #306976+  libdevmapper1.00 does not exist (should be 1.01)
> debian-installer #307306+  Uses kernel 2.6.10 which is not in sarge
> syslinux         #306123+  amd64 missing from architecture list and FTBFS

I don't believe debian-installer is going to have any more sourceful uploads
before sarge releases.

> Of course there are still a few other packages which did not apply the
> necessary patches for amd64. However, I think that those packages and
> all their dependencies can simply be removed from the amd64/sarge release:

A few things you might want to do with this list here:

- gloss the '*' and '+' symbols after the bug numbers
- re-check against the BTS and/or do rebuild testing, to make sure it's
  current (cal3d, for instance, is bug #305411, fixed in unstable and
  testing)
- split out the ones you think people could usefully work on doing NMUs for
  (so like, not radiusd-livingston, which has been obsolete for the better
  part of a decade, and ugh, why are we still shipping that?; and not xview,
  which isn't likely to ever get fixed)
- post it to debian-devel so people can poke through these for the BSP this
  weekend

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek