Re: Trouble with fortran compiler

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 06:25:28PM +0000, Jose Luis Iguain wrote:
> It is a 64-bit version. They not offer the sources  but  the  rpm's.
> In the past I could install their 32-bit compiler on a P-IV machine under
> Debian but the task seems to be harder on Amd64 arch.
>
> Just in case any of you managed to install it let me know the details.
> I am intrested in comparing  g77 with other 64-bit compilers and as far
> as I know only Intel gives one for free.

Well I have never tried fortran at all.

I do know redhat and debian don't agree on locations for 64bit
libraries, so it is quite possible the result of using alien on the rpm
will still not work.  Perhaps you should ask alien to generate a tgz
instead and extract and manually install the files in /usr/local as
appropriate.

It's rather a shame that intel thinks releasing rpm's is a good
distribution method for their software.  At least vmware uses a tar file
that anyone can use.