Re: Prob with nvidia and X11 on pure64bit

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 02:15:43PM +0200, Lars Schimmer wrote:
I installed a pure 64bit sid on a athlon64 machine with a nvidia graphics card.
Now I took the closed source driver from nvidia and let it built and install its
drivers.
After that I used to restart kdm and it works.
Now it seems, X11 has its own lib/X11/lib64 directory for 64bit libs and a
normal /lib dir for normal libs. But on a pure 64bit machine, that's nonsense, or?
So I linked the nvidia driver fom lib64 to lib and restart kdm, and wit worked.
Kinda problematic for newbies.

Do NOT use nvidia's installer.  Use Debian's installer and things just
work.  Nvidia's installer assumes a redhat'ish filesystem which isn't
how debian does things.

Running 3rd party installers is a bad habit from windows that should be
exterminated.

Len Sorensen

hi
I am struggling with nvidia drivers on pure 64Bit system.
I cannot find the debian installer that you mention.
Where do i get please. (searched with synaptic and nothing found?)
tks
stan bruno