Re: final stages of making 32chroot

On Saturday 30 April 2005 18:54, Javier Kohen wrote:
> Hi Damon,
>
> El sáb, 30-04-2005 a las 17:43 -0500, Damon Chesser escribió:
> > "There is also an easier way to run applications inside the chroot with
> > the dchroot. Leave the chroot and install the dchroot package."
> >
> > root@frakencybo:/etc# apt-get install dchroot
> > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > The following NEW packages will be installed:
> >   dchroot
> > 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> > Need to get 10.4kB of archives.
> > After unpacking 90.1kB of additional disk space will be used.
> > Get:1 http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sid/main dchroot 0.11
> > [10.4kB] Fetched 10.4kB in 0s (13.7kB/s)
> > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
> > at /usr/share/perl5/De bconf/Config.pm line 16.
> > dpkg: syntax error: unknown user `root' in statusoverride file
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
>
> I assume that you're trying to install dchroot inside your IA32 chroot.
> You should install it outside (well, if your intention is to use it to
> run programs in the IA32 chroot). Also, make sure that you have
> valid /etc/passwd, groups and shadow files inside the chroot; not having
> those could explain that user root is unknown. You can usually copy the
> ones from the base system.
Again, your words have helped me out.  Yes I was trying to install it in my 64
bit os, not he 32chroot.  The issue was I did not copy
the /etc/group.passwd,shadow into the 32chroot, I MOVED them.  Oops.  That
would explain the lack of knowing who user "root" was.  Thanks again.
Someday I might be able to compile and assemble things with out direct adult
supervision!

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com