Re: final stages of making 32chroot

Hi Damon,

El sáb, 30-04-2005 a las 17:43 -0500, Damon Chesser escribió:
> "There is also an easier way to run applications inside the chroot with the
> dchroot. Leave the chroot and install the dchroot package."
>
> root@frakencybo:/etc# apt-get install dchroot
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>   dchroot
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 10.4kB of archives.
> After unpacking 90.1kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Get:1 http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sid/main dchroot 0.11 [10.4kB]
> Fetched 10.4kB in 0s (13.7kB/s)
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
> at /usr/share/perl5/De bconf/Config.pm line 16.
> dpkg: syntax error: unknown user `root' in statusoverride file

I assume that you're trying to install dchroot inside your IA32 chroot.
You should install it outside (well, if your intention is to use it to
run programs in the IA32 chroot). Also, make sure that you have
valid /etc/passwd, groups and shadow files inside the chroot; not having
those could explain that user root is unknown. You can usually copy the
ones from the base system.

--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802