Re: apache and java

Hello Damon,

El sáb, 30-04-2005 a las 12:43 -0500, Damon L. Chesser escribió:
> I am going to set up a local webserver on a amd64 machine for dev reasons.  I
> will probably use java scripts on the server.  Do I need to set up a 32chroot
> for apache and sun java, or can I use pure64?  I am not sure about this at
> all.  I know if I wanted to play with java in my firefox and flash, I would
> need a 32chroot unless I wanted to go with blackdown and forgo the flash, but
> what if I just wanted something for local serving for dev?

You can run of course Apache on AMD64 and there is a 64-bit release of
Sun's JDK 5 for AMD64, as well as a 64-bit release of IBM's JDK 1.4.2
for this architecture. However, if you want to use the Java plug-in, you
need a 64-bit of it, which I think Blackdown might have available, but
the others don't. I still chose to install Blackdown's Java Plug-In in
the 32-bit chroot because the latest official release of their JDK has
no debugging support (at least not from Eclipse). They said on this list
that they had fixed the issue, but last time I checked there was no new
release.

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>