Re: debian-amd64 irc meeting: the results

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 04:06:01PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > I tried trawling thru the irc log, but I'm not exactly sure what
> > "testing-security" is going to be. Can someone clarify?

> Security fixes for sarge till it is released. Security fixes for etch
> after that.

So will amd64 effectively (and unwillingly?) become a temporary pilot
for Debian's second class citizen programme by releasing independently
from sarge and supplying your own security team?

I think it's great you guys put all this effort in maintaining such a
good amd64 port. I've been using Debian for a few years now - server and
desktop - and using Debian's amd64 port is well worth the occasional
hassle.

I also would like to help out with the port but am not sure where to
start. Can someone give me some pointers besides memorizing the DFSG and
Debian's social contract (done)?

Thanks,
Frank