Re: cupsys broken in pure64 (testing)

Jens Vogel <jens@desktux.xs4all.nl> writes:

> Sven Mueller wrote:
>> cupsys in debian-pure64/testing depends on libc6>=2.3.2.ds1-21
>> there is only libc6=2.3.2.ds1-20 in debian-pure64/testing.
>
> Hi,
>
> This problem affects quite some packages on my system (most of them
> from the Marillat Repository):
> - cupsys-client
> - ffmpeg
> - ia32-libs
> - libavcodeccvs
> - libbio2jack0
> - libcupsys2-gnutls10
> - libpostproc0
> - libxvidcore4
> - mplayer
>
> Maybe it is just a matter of waiting till libc6>=2.3.2.ds1-21 is
> available in testing.
> But maybe a bug report should be filed against libc6? AFAICS this has
> not been reported yet.

Nothing wrong with libc6 and please don't report a bug against it.
The cupsys in sarge was compiled against a too new libc6, maybe
because it was build late for amd64. Something went wrong there.

As for the Marillat Repository that is his problem. Sounds like he did
build for sid and not for sarge or you selected sid in your
sources.list. A simple solution for you would be to use sids
libc6. But since libc6 is frozen it won't enter sarge any time soon.

> Greets,
> 	Jens

MfG
        Goswin