Re: A new, unstable system, HW problem ???

jpahka@welho.com wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> This mail might be partly off-topic, since I'm pretty sure it's my hardware
> that's at fault and not debian-amd64, but I don't know where else to ask, so I
> thought I'd try here, thanks for you patience... :)
>
> So, the situation is, that I upgraded my computer on weekend, with the following
> components:
>
> AMD64 3200+ (Winchester core)
> Abit AV8 mobo
> Seagate 7200.8 250Gb sata harddrive
> 2x512Mb 64bit DDR memory (M-Tec, Twinmos MT6464400D I quess)

Does your power supply have the additional ATX12V supply? That's the
square 4-pin connector. According to this picture, it's right next to
the usual ATX power connector on your board.

http://www.overclockzone.com/newhardware/abit/av8/IMG_5220.jpg

A friend of mine had built a very unstable system before someone told
him to get a power supply that had an ATX12V connector.

-Corey