Re: viruses and spam

On (23/04/05 12:03), DR GAVIN SEDDON wrote:
> I have installed clamav.  I am investigating now and it apears to be
> Excellent.
> Thanks.
> Gavin
Just to report I've now got spamassassin, sa-exim and clamav-daemon
working nicely together - exim4-daemon-heavy is required to integrate
clamav-daemon.

I pick up mail from a number of pop3/imap accounts all of which have
been heavily spammed in the past and received their fair share of worms,
trojans etc.

I've yet to see false positives and most of the crap is history ;)

The most useful documents are in the packages themselves:

/usr/share/doc/sa-exim/README.Debian

/usr/share/doc/clamav-daemon/README.Debian.gz

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...