Re: K8N-E Deluxe: No DMA on IDE Disks

   Mission accomplished!  I had to set a bunch of stuff under ATA
drivers to compile into the kernel before it would even *allow* me
to compile amd74xx as anything other than a module, but once
that was done, I got a kernel which booted and gave me DMA on
hda and hdc.

   I never reran mkinitrd after editing /etc/modules (didn't realize I
needed to -- I thought /etc/modules handled loading modules after
the root filesystem had been mounted up and /lib/modules was
available) so that might have fixed the problem as well, but I'm
not gonna poke this tiger any more.  Got it working, many thanks
for all the help!

best,
Jim